Graduate Degree Requirements
All persons applying for admission are required to submit an Application and an application fee. Candidates for admission must meet the following admission requirements.
- Possess an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university; a US equivalent degree from a nationally or internationally accredited college or university; a Bachelors in Talmudic Law (or a First Rabbinic degree) from an institution accredited by AARTS (Association of Advanced Rabbinical And Talmudic Schools) or AIJS (Association of Institutions of Jewish Studies); an equivalent degree awarded by a rabbinic school in Israel or elsewhere that meets the evaluation criteria of a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services; a Bachelors Degree in Talmudic Law or Rabbinics from a non U.S. educational institution (ie. Israel, Canada, or England) that meets specific criteria. Call YIEP Inc. to discuss your specific situation .
- Have maintained a GPA of 2.5 or better from the most recent 60 credits of course work earned toward the bachelor’s degree.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better for prior graduate work.
- Full acceptance will be granted automatically when all admissions required are met and all official transcripts have been received .
Admission is considered when all requirements have been met, official transcripts received, and documents verified. The Director for Graduate Enrollment reviews all completed applications. In special circumstances, the Academic Dean may recommend a conditional admission to a student who has not yet been able to complete or fully satisfy all requirements.
- Meet all admission requirements
- Complete all curriculum requirements
- Pass all program graduate courses with a grade of “C” or better
- Attain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be current in all fees
Benefits of Special YIEP Inc. Program
- Acceptance a secular degree or Rabbinic Bachelors Degree
- Up to 6 credit hours for prior education and lifework experience (usually not accepted toward a Masters degree) accepted in specific degrees
- Hybrid Program of on-site and on-line classes, depending on degree
- Special program for the Jewish community
- Assistance from YIEP Inc. staff members with application process, documentation, counseling, etc.